Plastic Canvas Bracelet for Children
1. Cut the plastic canvas so that you have 5 by 50 bars. Be sure to use paper scissors when cutting out plastic canvas.
2. Cut 16 inches off your yarn ball.
3. Thread the needle with yarn. (See How To Thread A Needle)
4. Look at the picture on the right. Start with a Waste Knot. You will see how to make Scotch Stitch. First bring your needle through the hole at 1. Now, go back down to the underside of the canvas at 2. You will come back up at 3 and down at 4. Repeat this until you have brought your needle back down at 10. Repeat this to make your next Scotch stitch. To finish the end of the yarn, run the tail through the underside of the stitches.
5. The picture below will show you how the bracelet should look. Be sure to make 16 Scotch stitches.
6. Look at the picture on the right. This is how to make Whip stitch. You will make Whip stitch on both long sides of the bracelet with more yarn. Be sure to sew both sides of the bracelet.
To make Whip Stitch, bring your needle to the top side of the canvas at number 1. Go back to the underside of the canvas and come back up at number 2. The yarn will make a spiral on the edge of the canvas. This makes a pretty way to finish the edges of plastic canvas.
7. The picture below will show you how Scotch and Whip stitches should look on the canvas.
8. Make a circle with the canvas and sew the two ends together with yarn and your needle.
9. Put sewing thread in your sewing needle and sew on the buttons. Be sure to sew a button on the area where the canvas ends were joined.
10. Put your bracelet on and enjoy!