Tool or Mouse Pad
To complete this project, you will need the following tools and materials:
13" X 12" 14/1 Canvas (interlock is best)
12 Strands J. L. Walsh #223 silk
12 Strands J. L. Walsh #212 silk
12 Strands J. L. Walsh silk/wool
Clear drying, flexible glue
12" X 13" Stretcher bars
5. If you wish, paint the canvas before stitching.
6. When the paint is dry, stitch flowers and leaves using Detached Chain, Bullion Knot, French Knot and other stitches to the areas you would like covered on the mouse pad. Stitch beads onto the pad for accents. Be sure to cover the areas of the mouse pad that need to be hidden.
9. Let the project dry. It is best to lay the project face down, with books on top. To keep the stitches from flattening, prop the edges on the stretcher bars on a baking dish or similar item.
10. After the glue has set, remove the project from the stretcher bars. Trim the canvas close to the edge of the mouse pad.
11. Glue braiding on the sides to hide the raw edge of the pad. If you like, attach a tassel on a corner.